Emma had a fun-filled day. Her Kindergarten class went to the zoo, and James and I were allowed to tag along. We had a great day. By the end of the day, we were all worn out. We had just eaten a big dinner and we were preparing for Family Home Evening when we heard the scream. Blood curdling scream that is! It was no ordinary cry, and I knew something had gone horribly wrong. By the first glance, I knew it had. Her arm was definitely not the same shape as it had been minutes before. She apparently jumped from the swing while it was still going. Instead of her elbow bending the way it was supposed to....it hyperextended and went the other way. I grabbed it, and yelled for Joey to get the keys. We were headed for the emergency room. When we arrived, the place was packed and my heart sunk. I hadn't even given her any pain medication. She was one brave little hombrecita!!! The break was so bad that they bumped her to the top of the list...and morphine was given. That didn't totally do the trick, but it took the edge off. They started her I.V., and told us to prepare to take her to Primary Children's. The x-ray needed to be done, but they were pretty sure that we needed surgery. The nurse and doctor at Alta View were great. I was bummed I hadn't remembered my camera in my rush, but to no avail....the phone came in pretty handy. It's not the best picture, but it will do.
Ambulance or car??? Emma chose the car so she could stop by and get hugs from Taylor, Maddie and Andrew. While at Alta View, Emma kept saying, "Taylor is going to feel bad, because my arm really is broken. When I came in screaming, he told me to "BE QUIET!" The Doctor was putting an elastic around her arm for the I.V. when he heard this. He immediately told her that these rubber bands were good for flicking those kind of brothers. He asked her if she would like to take it home....she immediately answered, "YES!"

Ambulance or car??? Emma chose the car so she could stop by and get hugs from Taylor, Maddie and Andrew. While at Alta View, Emma kept saying, "Taylor is going to feel bad, because my arm really is broken. When I came in screaming, he told me to "BE QUIET!" The Doctor was putting an elastic around her arm for the I.V. when he heard this. He immediately told her that these rubber bands were good for flicking those kind of brothers. He asked her if she would like to take it home....she immediately answered, "YES!"
Emma on a little too much Morphine! Emma is hilarious without Morphine, but with it...she was so funny that Dr. Carroll (operating) and the Anesthesiologist didn't want to put her all the way under. She kept them in stitches. They kept calling her some famous child actresses name, but would I remember the name? No. She got 2 new stuffed animals and a blanket from the hospitals. They treated her like a queen. As busy as both hospitals were...they got Emma right in. It was so nice. We were at Alta View by 8:00p.m. and were having surgery at Primary Children's by 12:00p.m.. Now that is service!



1 comment:
OH MY GOSH! So it sounds like you guys have had quite the exciting couple of weeks while we were gone! WOW, hope Emma is doing better!
Post a Comment