
Continuation from Joey's journal, "...I was most impressed by a young Jewish boy who looked to be about the same age of my Andrew (age 9). This young boy, like his elders around him, was devoutly reading and praying. At times he would press his scriptures up against his face while closing his eyes and bobbing back and forth. This was more than just a rote, ritualistic exercise for this boy. I could see on his face and in his expressions that he believed. He was trying to access God...the same God as I have...in the best way he knew how. As I watched him, I thought of my Andrew. Something inside of me longed to have my son that devouted to God, as was this small Jewish boy."
They start them young. What a great dad!
1 comment:
What a great writer Joey is. Maybe Corey will keep a journal for us (since we both know that I won't) That is so incredible! - Thanks for sharing! I am serious about getting together...We need a quick overview and lesson before we go since I have not studied like you did!
Post a Comment